Stainless Steel Fabrication
Economy Metal Works is a leading custom sheet metal fabricator with the ability to work with many metals including stainless steel. Our custom precision sheet metal fabrication services, including our stainless fabrication capabilities are built around flexibility, so we can tackle your manufacturing project and develop the product to fit any requirement. EMW is highly experienced in fabrication of both 304 stainless steel alloy and 316 stainless steel.
Manufacturing in Stainless Steel
Stainless steel has a number of characteristics that make it highly useful in a range of applications:
- Corrosion resistance
- Tensile strength
- Shear strength
- Durable at high temperatures
- Hygienically friendly
Due to these and other qualities, stainless steel fabricated products are frequently used in a range of industries, including petrochemical, power generation, pharmaceutical and food processing. It is more expensive, but depending on the application the reduced maintenance needs and longer life expectancy can make it a more affordable choice in the long run. However, stainless steel is heavier than some material alternatives, which can be a consideration.
Some of the common fabrication we handle in stainless steel includes:
We bring a complete array of capabilities in metal fabrication, including:
- CAD/CAM design and programming
- Saw, torch, and plasma cutting
- MIG and TIG welding of all alloys (GMAW, FCAW, GTAW certified welders and welding to ASME Sec. IX & AWS D1.1 code)
- Water jet precision cutting with a 12'x12' working envelope and dual cutting heads
- 12' press brakes up to 350 tons with CNC back gauging
- CNC punching up to 1/4" plate
- Rolling up to 1/4" x 8' long
- CNC precision shearing up to 12 ft. in 1/4" carbon steel, 3/8" aluminum and 3/16" stainless steel
In addition, we offer stainless steel coating services as an option. While we don’t provide these services directly, we have long-standing relationships with specialists in stainless steel coating services and will see that any coating is applied to your precise specifications.
We are one of the industry’s leading providers of custom sheet metal fabrication. Whether you have CAD drawings ready to go or just verbal instructions, we have the experience and knowledge to provide you the stainless steel product that will fit your application.
Request a Quote from Economy Metal Works
or call us today at 713.645.3370