At Economy Metal Works, we take pride in manufacturing custom aluminum enclosures for a variety of customers in the electronic, petrochemical, power generation, construction industries. We are a custom precision metal fabricator whose guiding lights are diversification and flexibility, so you can be sure we stand ready and eager to tackle your enclosure project and provide you with the custom aluminum boxes to fit your specific requirements.
Benefits of Aluminum for your Enclosure
Aluminum enclosures, also known as aluminum boxes, are light and durable and with a high strength to weight ratio, they will still offer sufficient strength for many applications. On average, a fabricated aluminum box will be lighter by as much as two thirds compared to a stainless steel enclosure. Another major advantage of manufacturing custom aluminum enclosures is its relative low cost and ease of maintenance.
Aluminum boxes will not be subject to rust. However, aluminum is not as strong as steel, which should be considered when making a decision for your enclosure application. In high temperatures, aluminum expands twice as much as steel, which is also a factor to highly consider when choosing an enclosure material.
Aluminum alloys used by EMW include the 3000 series (Al-Mn, on the softer side and with good corrosion resistance), the 5000 series (Al-Mg, higher strength) and the 6000 series (Al-Mg-Si, heat treatable with good properties of both strength and corrosion resistance).
Custom Aluminum Enclosure Types
While your custom enclosure can be manufactured to fit your requirements, here are some general and standard kinds of enclosures that EMW can manufacture in aluminum:
- Rack Mount Enclosures and Chassis: Custom configured rack mount enclosures make installation and removal of electronic components a smooth process; for desktops, servers, LAN installations and other applications.
- Electrical/Electronic Enclosures: EMW can custom manufacture a housing for your electrical or electronic equipment to just about any size or design.
- NEMA Rated Enclosures: EMW can custom manufacture your enclosure to meet a wide range of NEMA requirements according to your specifications.
- Sound Attenuating/Turbine Enclosures: Custom manufactured sound attenuating and turbine enclosures can be manufactured by EMW to satisfy the special needs of your environment.
EMW’s custom precision metal fabrication capabilities make us particularly well suited to manufacture enclosures that perfectly fit your needs and are suited to the environment in which they will be used. Just about any size and shape of enclosure is within our capacity to manufacture.
EMW can custom configure your enclosure, in terms of cutout patterns, doors, louvers, dampers, baffles, mounting options, benches, shelves, sub-panels, rails and just about any special requirement you may have.
In addition to aluminum, we can manufacture enclosures, like all of our products, in mild carbon steel, stainless steel (304 and 316), and galvanized. A variety of finishing options for coated enclosures are available where needed.
Formed to Fit Your Requirements
Our custom aluminum enclosures are created through a metal forming process (not through a metal extrusion process), which gives us the flexibility required to manufacture a unique enclosure product that fits the requirements of each customer’s application. EMW’s metal forming process also allows for aluminum box fabrication that meets close tolerances.
EMW is a full service metal fabricator offering a wide range of capabilities in the manufacture of custom aluminum enclosures and a vast range of other products. These capabilities include:
- 12' press brakes up to 350 tons with CNC back gauging
- Water jet precision cutting with a 12'x12' working envelope and dual cutting heads
- CAD/CAM design and programming
- CNC precision shearing up to 12 ft. in 1/4" carbon steel, 3/8" aluminum and 3/16" stainless steel
- Saw, torch, and plasma cutting
- MIG and TIG welding of all alloys (GMAW, FCAW, GTAW certified welders and welding to ASME Sec. IX & AWS D1.1 code)
- Rolling up to 1/4" x 8' long
- CNC punching up to 1/4" plate
We have finishing options (powder coat or wet paint) available when needed. Although we are not paint experts by trade or claim to be, we do offer coating/application services through outside sources. All coating will be at the customer's request and specification.To ensure that our customers receive the proper coatings for their applications, we require the customer's approval on their specifications prior to coating. EMW does not make coating recommendations for any application. Essentially, you tell us the kind of coating or finish you need or prefer and we will make sure that coating or finish is applied properly.
Whether you have CAD drawings ready or just verbal instructions to provide, you can be confident that EMW has the experience, know-how and determination to follow-through on your project and manufacture enclosures that will fit your application.